MENU

March 9, 2018

Celebrating Turning Thirty-Three

Last Sunday was my thirty-third birthday and in honor of turning a year older I spent the day before with some of my favorite people in New York City. Here is a little recap of how I celebrated...

We started off the day (Way too early because the only time I could get a reservation for ten people was 10:00am) with brunch at Maya. Where we took full advantage of their selection of bottomless Mexican food and drinks, which were delicious and I would highly recommend if you a looking for a brunch spot in New York City.


After brunch we headed downtown for a few drinks (I ended up sharing a Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita out of a brown paper bag with Toni on a stoop because I ran away from my friends to find a bathroom) before it was time for us to attempt an escape room. The specific room we did was "The Rec Room" with Escape The Room NYC. And because I don't want to give anything about the room away, all I will say is that we escaped the room with like two minutes and fifty-seven seconds left and we had a great drunken time.


High off of our escape room victory we headed over to Fools Gold for more drinks, snacks and board games.



After a couple of hours of drinking and many loud games of Connect 4 and Jenga, we decided to head over to The Late Late for even more drinks and rounds of Super Mario/Duck Hunt on the Super Nintendo at the bar (That is until I knocked into it and it wouldn't work anymore).


Eventually we decided that we wanted to dance but it was kinda too early, so we headed over to Pianos and endured the DJ they had. We had an okay time there. I would have had a better time if I didn't have a bunch of twenty-somethings trying to make me dance with them to shitty music. But I did get a wonderful Boomerang of Justin, Ryan and Day dancing because of our time there.

Once we had our fill at Pianos, we decided to find some food and ended up at some shitty pizza place where I refused to eat anything at because I wasn't drunk enough to do so. 

When those who wanted to eat that garbage looking pizza had their snacks we got an Uber and headed to Penn Station so we could head back to Long Island.

I can't speak for any of my guests, but I had a great birthday outing (Especially in comparison to my shit show of a birthday last year). And I'm so grateful for my wonderful family and friends who came out to celebrate with me.

1 comment :