MENU

February 28, 2017

My New Obsession | Stardew Valley...

I have a confession to make... I am obsessed with a video game and I have been for the past few weeks.

For those of you that may or may not know, I am pretty much a casual video game player. I don't normally sit in front of the TV or computer to play video games, that's actually Justin's thing (Don't get me wrong, I love playing when I do play but typically I only play when people come over to my apartment and it's a lot of Mario Kart, Smash Bros, You Don't Know Jack, etc.) but as you can probably guess, that has changed...

About two months ago Justin started playing this game called Stardew Valley on his PlayStation 4 (He typically plays games on the PC that he built, so I am normally not sitting watching him play games) and because he was sitting in front of the TV and didn't have a headset on I ended up hanging out on the couch talking to him about life stuff while he was playing this game. Then that turned into me paying attention to what he was doing in the game and pointing things out to him that he missed in the game.

After a few weeks of this, Justin was basically like "You know you can play if you want..." To which I responded "No... It's cool..." And we continued as we were.

Then there was a snowstorm and I fell down the video game rabbit hole.

http://stardewvalley.net/

So basically for the past several weeks I have spent all of my free time playing Stardew Valley and because I've spent so much time playing it Justin told me I should write a blog post about it. He was like "You're obsessed with this game... It's taken over part of your life... You should write about it..." and that's what I'm doing right now, sharing my current obsession with all of you...

For those of you that have never heard of Stardew Valley, it is an open-ended country-life role-playing video game (RPG) developed by Eric Barone and published by Chucklefish Games.

"You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!"
http://stardewvalley.net/about/
But yeah, it's just a farming game with quests and I am 150% obsessed with it and I don't know why. It is just so uncharacteristic of me to want to sit and play a game like this in my free time but I am absolutely enamored with it and love playing.

So now you all know my secret. I am obsessed with a silly video game.

2 comments :

  1. And now my confession...I have recently resumed my old Farm Town obsession on Facebook. I'm in deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. I'm so deep into Stardew Valley.

      If you like Farm Town you'll probably like Stardew Valley. It's a lot of fun.

      Delete