MENU

August 8, 2016

Exploring Long Island | Sagamore Hill...

Those of you that have been with me for a while know that Justin and I really enjoy visiting historical site, national and state parks, etc. during our days off in the summer. But unfortunately this summer has been quiet slow in terms of our little day excursions because Justin was in an air cast for about six weeks and there's just been a lot going on that has kept us from going on our little adventures.

Determined to go on a new excursion I booked us a tour of Theodore Roosevelt's home at Sagamore Hill (Which I've actually been trying to do for a few years now but it was closed from renovation for a couple of years) back in June for Friday, August 5th.

So as you can guess, I went this past Friday I went to Sagamore Hill. Unfortunately Justin couldn't join me but I got to go with my father who loves history, etc. and is a great date because he won't let me pay for stuff. Hey, it's the truth...
But yeah, I had the nicest afternoon with my father exploring the area around (Specifically Young's Memorial Cemetery where President Roosevelt and his wife are buried) and the grounds of Sagamore Hill (Sadly they don't let you take pictures inside of the house because 95% of the things inside are original to the house and the lighting is terrible) and learning about the 26th President of the United States.
If you enjoy history and beautiful parks I highly recommend visiting. It's such a nice outing and I really would like to go back with Justin at some point in the near future.

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for that lovely pictorial tour of Sagamore Hill Historical Site. You've inspired me to get out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going there! That room with the giant elephant tusks curving around the entrance was amazing. (assuming that's still there post renovation!)

    ReplyDelete